- Manston Airport is owned by a New Zealand-based company called Infratil.
- Infratil have signed a 'Section 106 Agreement' (S106) with Thanet District Council (TDC) which regulates how Infratil can use Manston - they can't suddenly decide to turn it into a spaceport and launch satellites, for example.
- The S106 states that Infratil isn't allowed to schedule any night flights, although a scheduled flight that arrives late can actually land.
- A night flight is any take-off or landing between 11pm and 7am.
- Infratil have said they want more night flights.
Monday, 25 May 2009